Classes with Gigi
Send Your Pet to School
Going back to school doesn’t have to be a chore. Both you and your pet will enjoy learning together with Gigi. I provide innovative Dog training programs designed for casual pet owners, as well as for aspiring and experienced trainers. Check out my schedule and join one of my classes now.
August 27th- Oct 8th @ 8am AKC Session Cost $200.00 (test included)
AKC Puppy Star This is a 6 week course training you and your pup on the following. -
1. Maintains puppy’s health (vaccines, exams, appears healthy)
2. Owner receives Responsible Dog Owner’s Pledge
3. Owner describes adequate daily play and exercise plan
4. Owner and puppy attend at least 6 classes by an AKC Approved CGC Evaluator
5. Owner brings bags to classes for cleaning up after puppy
6. Owner has obtained some form of ID for puppy-collar tag, etc.
7. Free of aggression toward people during at least 6 weeks of class
8. Free of aggression toward other puppies in class
9. Tolerates collar or body harness of owner’s choice
10. Owner can hug or hold puppy (depending on size)
11. Puppy allows owner to take away a treat or toy
PRE-CANINE GOOD CITIZEN® TEST BEHAVIORS:
12. Allows (in any position) petting by a person other than the owner
13. Grooming-Allows owner handling and brief exam (ears, feet)
14. Walks on a Leash-Follows owner on lead in a straight line (15 steps)
15. Walks by other people-Walks on leash past other people 5-ft away
16. Sits on command-Owner may use a food lure
17. Down on command-Owner may use a food lure
18. Comes to owner from 5-ft when name is called
19. Reaction to Distractions-distractions are presented 15-ft away
20. Stay on leash with another person (owner walks 10 steps and returns)
This course is for pups 15 weeks up to a year old.
All pups must be up to date on vaccinations including rabies.
Canine Good Citizen
$200.00 test included. July 31th- September 25th @ 9:30am
AKC Canine Good Citizen 6 week course with your test on the 7th week for a CGC title! At the end of the session your dog will be able to test for the following requirements.
Accepting a friendly stranger
Test 2: Sitting politely for petting
Test 3: Appearance and grooming
Test 4: Out for a walk (walking on a loose lead)
Test 5: Walking through a crowd
Test 6: Sit and down on command and Staying in place
Test 7: Coming when called
Test 8: Reaction to another dog
Test 9: Reaction to distraction
Test 10: Supervised separation
This is for dogs 10 months or older.All dogs must be current on vaccinations including rabies.
AKC Urban Canine Good Citizen Date TBD
$200.00 test included.
AKC Urban CGC-test items.
Exit/enter doorway with no pulling in dog-friendly buildings.
Walk through a crowd on a busy urban sidewalk.
Appropriate reaction to city distractions. This includes movement, noises, and walking on a variety of surfaces.
Crosses street under control.
Ignore food on sidewalk.
Person walks up and pets the dog. May be carrying an item.
Public Building (that is dog friendly). Walks under control in building (slick surface, carpeted floor). Down stay (3 min) in lobby or outdoor area, or waits while owner has a meal or snack.
Stairs, steps, or elevator under control.
Housetrained for apartment, condo, city living.
Transportation. Car. Enters/exits, remains under control during the ride. (Crate? Seatbelt?)
This session will be taught in a public dog friendly environment. 6 week course with a test on the 7th week. Must have passed Canine Good Citizen or testing at the same time. All Dogs must be up to date on vaccinations.
Puppies 10 to 15 weeks old are welcome to sign up as long as they have the following shots up to date. Shots are listed next in order of appropriate age.
6—8 weeks Distemper, parvovirusBordetella 10-12 weeks DHPP (vaccines for distemper, adenovirus [hepatitis], parainfluenza, and parvovirus.
What your pup will learn. - Sit, down, stay, come, leave it, off, name recognition and intro to loose leash walking.
Give both you and your pet a treat and sign up to one of my classes here.